RR International provides trademark and intellectual property protection for brands used internationally. We work with a wide range of clients, from small businesses establishing a corporate identity to large companies with a portfolio of brands.
Our full-service solutions cover the entire process of acquiring and protecting a trademark.
- Trademark study.
- Trademark registration.
- Trademark monitoring.
Registering a trademark is not always a simple matter of submitting an application. Many jurisdictions do not make information readily available to the public and some do not provide reliable data online. Researching similarities to your trademark can be a complex task.
There are several reasons why you might want to begin the registration process with a study:
- A trademark study provides a snapshot of potential brands in your target market.
- Trademark similarities can be ambiguous and are best evaluated by a legal professional.
- It is possible to accidentally infringe on someone else’s trademark if you are not aware of its existence.
- If there is a pre-existing claim of your trademark, it is best to know this before you have invested time and resources into an application.
RR International has up-to-date information on trademark application activities.
Hence, we are able to offer the following services:
- Enquiry with local trademark offices, as necessary.
- Consultation on what to do if an existing similarity is found.
- Detailed reporting on the availability of relevant marks and recommendations for your application.
- Full analysis of existing trademarks, including similarities in appearance, sound, connotation and commercial impression.
The ownership of a trademark is not automatically granted merely by using it. Generally speaking, only through the legal process of registration, you can ensure rights to your trademark.
With a legally registered trademark, you gain several benefits:
- Allows your brand to gain wider recognition.
- Potential copycats are deterred from infringing on your brand.
- If a confusingly similar mark is filed, it is much easier to pursue legal action against infringements.
- The ability of other brands to claim that you are infringing on their trademark is severely diminished.
RR International navigates through the registration process so that you can get the trademarks you want in the countries where you do business. }
We provide our clients with the following:
- Consultation throughout the registration process.
- Filing services in over 150 countries and treaty regions.
- Real-time updates regarding the status of your application.
- Entry into closed and restricted countries, where trademark registration is especially difficult.
Even after registration, your trademark is only safe as long as continued use of the property is established. Filing offices see thousands of applications every day, and many do not check for similarities before processing them. Regular monitoring is vital to ensure that other parties do not claim your trademark.
Some things to consider regarding the importance of monitoring your trademark:
- Infringements must be acted upon immediately – in some cases you may have only a few months to act.
- Trademark applications differ vastly from country to country – often, only a local expert truly knows what is being filed.
- If your trademark is compromised, you may encounter trouble selling your good or service, even if it is an established brand.
Our monitoring services include:
- Monitoring by legal experts, journalists, and researchers.
- Monthly reports updating you on the status of your trademark.
- Intervention and negotiations on your behalf with local trademark offices.
- Immediate notification if an application for a mark similar to your own is published.